List:       mesos-user
Subject:    Re: Questions on implementing mesos framework
From:       Vinod Kone <vinodkone () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-08-22 15:37:26

> (1) One thing particular I found unexpected is that the executors are shutdown if \
> the scheduler is shutdown. Is there a way to keep executors/tasks running when the \
> scheduler is down? I would imagine when the scheduler comes back, it could \
> reestablish the state somehow and keep going without interrupting the running \
> tasks. Is this a use case that mesos is designed for?
You can use FrameworkInfo.failover_timeout to tell Mesos how long to wait for the \
framework to re-register before it cleans up the framework's executors and tasks.

Also, note that for this to work the framework has to persist its frameworkId when it \
first registers with the master.  When the framework comes back up it needs to \
reconnect by setting FrameworkInfo.framework_id = persisted id.

> (2) How does mesos use cgroups? In particular, if I launch two tasks with the same \
> executor, each take 10G memory, does mesos put my executor in a cgroup with 20G \
> memory limit? If not, how does it work

That's correct. Each executor is run in its own cgroup. If you want to isolate your \
tasks run them in different executors.