List:       mesa3d-users
Subject:    [Mesa-users] Intel NUC8i7HVK AMD Radeon Vega M GH OpenCL implementation in Mesa?
From:       Zechariah Thurman <zechariah.thurman () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-06-01 18:06:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello!

  I'm attempting to get the AMD Radeon Vega M GH working in Ubuntu 18.04
and utilizing an OpenCL implementation on top of the kernel mode driver.

  I understand that the current official support is targeted for 4.18
release however, I'm attempting to get this working prior to the September
timeframe. So far I think that I almost have the kernel mode driver taken
care of thanks to the drm-next-4.18-wip branch of the: git://
people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/linux repo compiled from source and added to
my initramfs. I also dropped the vegam binaries from:
https://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/radeon_ucode/vegam/ into my
/lib/firmware/amdgpu directory.

  I have Mesa 18.2 also built from source and installed locally. Is OpenCL
supported in Mesa 18.2? Or should I not be running the dev branch and
revert to running 18.1? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
-Z