List:       mesa3d-dev
Subject:    Convert/Export dmabuf to shader buffer object
From:       "Zong, Wei" <wei.zong () intel ! com>
Date:       2022-05-27 10:33:02

Hello,

I'm using GLES shader to do post-processing on GPU decoded video frame. I found \
sample code to demonstrate buffer sharing between decoder and rendering, the method \
is to create EGLImage texture targets from dma_buf file descriptor by using extension \
"EGL_EXT_image_dma_buf_import" & "GL_OES_EGL_image_external"

I cannot use EGLImage texture directly, I tried to bind texture objects to \
GL_SHADER_STORAGE_BUFFER target, but failed to when access the shader buffer, the GL \
error shows " GL_INVALID_OPERATION in glMapBufferRange(buffer does not allow read \
access)"

Could you kindly give some help:

1. If Mesa provide API to create GL sharder storage buffer from dma_buf file \
descriptor? 2. If EGL can covert EGL texture object to shader storage buffer object?

Thanks,
Zong Wei