List:       mesa3d-dev
Subject:    Re: [Mesa-dev] Querying Vulkan driver Options
From:       Lionel Landwerlin <lionel.g.landwerlin () intel ! com>
Date:       2019-12-11 8:57:22

On 11/12/2019 09:28, Jean Hertel wrote:
> From: Lionel Landwerlin <lionel.g.landwerlin@intel.com>
>>> - In case the options are different (which is quite likely), how do we query the available options?
>>>
>>> For OpenGL we have glXGetScreenDriver/glXGetDriverConfig
>>>
>>> For EGL we have eglGetDisplayDriverName/eglGetDisplayDriverConfig [2]
>>>
>>> What about Vulkan? How can we query such options?
>> I guess you'll have to add an extension to provide the same feature.
> Do we have any documentation or high level steps on writing a Vulkan extension?
> >From mesa side, providing a Merge Request with the necessary changes is enough?

Here are a few examples of adding a Vulkan extension to the specification :

https://github.com/KhronosGroup/Vulkan-Docs/pull/966

https://github.com/KhronosGroup/Vulkan-Docs/pull/1001

https://github.com/KhronosGroup/Vulkan-Docs/pull/87/

You can open a Mesa MR in parallel to the extension PR and once the
extension is in public release of the Vulkan spec, the Mesa MR can be
merged.

Thanks,

-Lionel