List:       mesa3d-dev
Subject:    Re: [Mesa3d-dev] Pure G3D libs
From:       Chia-I Wu <olvaffe () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-11-24 10:47:25

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 06:56:26PM +0000, Jakob Bornecrantz wrote:
> Hi I'm sorry for taking this long to respond.
> The basic idea is to create API struct that holds the functions for
> the different APIs and then just switch between those in EGL. There
> are also some changes to the in the way that framebuffers works. I
> have started to change the egl_xlib driver but haven't gotten that
> far.
> I have attached a patch series that adds the API and the work in
> progress conversion of egl_xlib. Please feel free to continue on the
> egl_xlib stuff.
I was busy with the opengl-es branch last week, and don't have the time
to think about it until now.  Sorry for the delay.

I like the idea of st_framebuffer, and I am thinking about how EGLImage
can be supported.  That is, a texture image or a renderbuffer can be
used to create an EGLImage which is shared with other APIs.  And through
extensions such as GL_OES_EGL_image, an EGLImage (created from a
NativePixmap or other APIs' resources) can be used as a texture image or
renderbuffer.

It seems that an EGLImage can be mapped to an st_framebuffer without
flush_front.  Then what's lacking is a way for client APIs to look up
the backing st_framebuffer of an EGLImage, as needed by GL_OES_EGL_image
and others.  Maybe something like

  struct st_co_api
  {
    struct st_framebuffer *(*lookup_framebuffer)(void *eglimage);
  }

and a way to pass it to the client APIs?

--
Regards,
olv