List:       mesa3d-dev
Subject:    Re: [Mesa3d-dev] R300 regression
From:       Maciej Cencora <m.cencora () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-04-24 11:31:34

On piÄ…tek, 24 kwietnia 2009 08:29:04 sergks wrote:
> Hello,
> What is the status of this regression? Can you find a better solution? I
> tried the suggested patch on my Xpress 200m. It does help to increase FPS
> in glxgears, but lockups the system periodically in 3d games. Please help.
> It seriously  affects the 3D performance of R300-based ATI cards in Ubuntu
> 9.04 with Mesa 7.4.
> Thank you in advance.

Hi,

with some help from Alex Deucher I've managed to fix the lockup issue. I will
send the fix today to ML, but it will be against radeon-rewrite branch. I'm
not planning to backport it to master because 1) it would require some major
rewrite, 2) radeon-rewrite will be merged to master soon.

Maciej Cencora