List:       mesa3d-dev
Subject:    Re: [Mesa3d-dev] Vertex Manipulation
From:       Bruce Merry <bmerry () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-12-27 15:03:23

On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 07:42:17AM -0700, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Miguel_Angel_G=F3mez_M=E1rquez_ wrote:
> why not putting that into a code?, mainly because i'm not working with
> demos, i am looking forward to manipulate an already compiled program.

Hi

If you want to manipulate an already written program, take a look at
BuGLe (http://www.opengl.org/sdk/tools/BuGLe/) (shameless plug alert: I
wrote it). It's an OpenGL debugger built around a system of applying
pluggable filters to the OpenGL command stream, and you could write a filter
that transforms the coordinates as you want (there is also already a filter
for taking over the camera, if that's what you're really after).

I've been doing a lot of work recently to make it practical to write these
filters separately from Bugle (i.e. installed headers with a consistent API),
hopefully I'll be releasing that in about a week. If you want to check things
out of the SVN repository on Sourceforge and let me know how it works for you
it'll help me shake out any bugs before release.

Bruce
--
Dr Bruce Merry
bmerry <@> gmail <.> com