List:       mesa3d-dev
Subject:    Re: [Mesa3d-dev] Status of intel (i915 driver)
From:       Keith Whitwell <keith () tungstengraphics ! com>
Date:       2006-07-27 9:24:04

Actually the problems I had were to do with synchronization of the flip
- the hardware I played with (long time ago now) would delay the flip an
unpredicable amount of time and therefore you'd get a subsequent flash
of the clear operation appearing on the screen.

If you've found a way around this or if it's no longer true, then great.

Other things that need to be considered are the tiling issues between
front and back buffer, currently these are set up as static regions with
the fence registers, ideally you want the backbuffer tiled and if you're
flipping that means you need the frontbuffer tiled also.

I've never had the time to look at support for region-based rendering on
the intel chipsets, but it is certainly worth investigating if someone
does have the time to put into it.

Keith