List:       mesa3d-dev
Subject:    Re: [Mesa3d-dev] is the "linux-solo" build broke?
From:       Dave Airlie <airlied () linux ! ie>
Date:       2005-09-19 23:09:29

> Yeah, though I'm interested in running without needing X at all. I'm not
> sure anyone has ever done that with the unichrome driver, but I'm willing to
> give it a shot. It currently fails in drmCreateContext(). I'll see if I can
> figure out why that is.

The unichrome needs a 2D setup layer, and probably some work on the kernel
fb side..... radeon is the only driver working in solo/egl mode, I started
work on the i810/5 a long while ago but never had the need to finish it
for the job I was doing..

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
Linux kernel - DRI, VAX / pam_smb / ILUG