List:       mesa3d-dev
Subject:    Re: [Mesa3d-dev] Re: fgfs segfaults on VIA
From:       Felix =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=FChling?= <fxkuehl () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-05-18 23:33:17

Am Donnerstag, den 19.05.2005, 01:11 +0200 schrieb Daniel Borca:
> Okay, I already said: sorry.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend or blame you for anything. I just
remembered reading this warning once when read that your other mail and
thought I'd share that pointer.  Written language can be ambiguous. :-/
Guess I should have shut up about an issue that doesn't concern me.

> 1) I recall that I wrote on the list something with
>   "I reverted those files to previous versions".
> 2) The only *strange thing* that actually happens (when
>   someone is doing edit+commit) is:
>   cvs [commit aborted]: could not find desired version x.y in
> repository/filename.ext,v
>   Pretty straightforward, eh?
> 3) When I said ban oficially, I meant it (see cvsadmin trick on
>   Unix machines).

Must have missed some of that. I didn't follow the list very attentively
lately. Another reason for me to shut up.

> 4) It doesn't explain why some cvs clients do increment timestamps,
>   while others(?) don't.

You're right it doesn't.

Generally, as far as my understanding and experience goes, cvs admin
does weird stuff to the repository that may confuse clients (e.g. what
happens to a checked out revision that suddenly vanishes on the server?
not sure if that's specified anywhere). That's why I've only ever used
"cvs admin" on private repositories. That's all I was trying to point
out.

Best regards,
  Felix

--
| Felix KĂĽhling <fxkuehl@gmx.de>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |