List:       mesa3d-dev
Subject:    Re: [Mesa3d-dev] Texture image promotion from GL_ALPHA to GL_RGBA
From:       Felix =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=FChling?= <fxkuehl () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-04-23 19:32:10

Am Freitag, den 22.04.2005, 15:34 -0600 schrieb Brian Paul:
[snip]
> The best solution might be for you define a new alpha texture format
> specially for the Savage driver.  Device drivers are free to define
> any new internal texture formats they want; you're not limited to the
> formats defined in core Mesa.
>
> Just copy and paste all the code related to MESA_FORMAT_A8 code into
> your driver and tweek as necessary.  Then plug the new format into the
> driver's ChooseTextureFormat() function.

I did something like that. Though I started from _mesa_format_argb8888
and 4444. All I had to reimplement was the texstore functions. Works
great, thanks.

--
| Felix Kühling <fxkuehl@gmx.de>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |