List:       mercurial-devel
Subject:    Re: BTS reaper on the prowl
From:       Pierre-Yves David <pierre-yves.david () ens-lyon ! org>
Date:       2015-01-28 23:42:19

On 01/27/2015 10:19 PM, Matt Mackall wrote:
> On Tue, 2015-01-27 at 17:22 +0000, Pierre-Yves David wrote:
>>
>> On 01/25/2015 10:11 PM, Matt Mackall wrote:
>>> As discussed at the last two sprints.. we now have a cronjob that reaps
>>> inactive bugs to help us get better focus on active bugs.
>>>
>>> It actually does several things:
>>>
>>> TESTING -> 7 days -> FIXED
>>> NEED_EXAMPLE -> 14 days -> INVALID
>>> IN_PROGRESS -> 14 days -> CONFIRMED
>>> UNCONFIRMED -> 30 days -> ARCHIVED
>>> CONFIRMED -> 180 days -> ARCHIVED
>>>
>>> It'll only move 5 bugs a day to keep us from getting spammed too much
>>> and it's currently eating away at bugs that are >900 days old.
>>>
>>> Please be sure to move bugs to NEED_EXAMPLE when you ask a question and
>>> to CONFIRMED when all your questions have been answered.
>>
>> Can you plug your bug eating logic to the daily email so that people get
>> a heads up of what is going to be devoured?
>
> I'll consider doing that when our backlog is reduced from 900 days to
> something sane. At 5 bugs auto-moved a day, that's at least 50 days out.

We could still have a useful but short content. Something like a summary
with:

* the number of each bug in each category
* a link to the search that show each category
* the list of the next to be reaped

> I get notified on _everything_ on the BTS. You could set yourself to
> that state too if you want.

I do not think we can request this from casual contributor, yet they are
the one we need more involved in bug processing.

--
Pierre-Yves David