List:       mercurial-devel
Subject:    Re: Notes for hg translation
From:       Martin Geisler <mg () lazybytes ! net>
Date:       2009-09-30 21:50:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Greg Ward <greg-hg@gerg.ca> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 4:38 PM, Martin Geisler <mg@lazybytes.net> wrote:
>>> How about this:
>>>
>>>   hg help ext[ension] bookmarks
>>>
>>> to get the extension help? Default would still be to show the command
>>> help.
>>
>> That is a straight-forward solution, indeed :-) But people wont see it
>> easily. What about showing the command help and then finish it with
>>
>>  (see 'hg help --ext bookmarks' for the extension help)
>
> Even better!

Okay -- I'll queue this one for the bug sprint on Saturday, it seems
like a nice little feature for someone to implement.

>> if it shadows a help text for the extension itself? [I trust it that
>> you or timeless can reformulate the text into something nicer :-)]
>
> Hmm, well, if you insist.  How about
>
>   (For more help on this extension, run 'hg help ext bookmarks'.)

Thanks :-)

> Of course, if this help system gets complex enough, we're going to
> need
>
>   hg help help
>
> ;-)

But of course, it says:

  hg help [TOPIC]

  show help for a given topic or a help overview [...]

:-)

--
Martin Geisler

VIFF (Virtual Ideal Functionality Framework) brings easy and efficient
SMPC (Secure Multiparty Computation) to Python. See: http://viff.dk/.