List:       mercurial
Subject:    Re: our team is faced with an incomprehensible problem
From:       Pierre-Yves David <pierre-yves.david () ens-lyon ! org>
Date:       2023-04-28 12:40:12

Hi,

You seems to hit a bug with some internal operation in Mercurial whose
implementation details were changed in 6.4. I am also a bit puzzled
about how this would happens as the backup should be done in the same
directory as the source file, however bug are kind of surprising by nature.

Can you file a bug on https://bz.mercurial-scm.org/ ? I'll have a look.

On 4/27/23 15:41, Иван Федосеев wrote:

> the server uses the latest version of mercurial 6.4.2
> python 3.10
>
> There are different versions of mercurial on the client, I will make a
> conclusion from 6.4.2 python 3.6
>
> some of our employees are interrupted by the hg pull command with the
> wording:
>
> dmitriy.morozov@d-morozov rpg3d % hg pull -u
> pulling from http://hg.tvorog.bit/rpg3d
> searching for changes
> adding changesets
> adding manifests
> adding file changes
> transaction abort!
> rollback completed
> abort: No such file or directory:
> '/Users/dmitriy.morozov/var/rpg3d/.hg/store/dh/unity/assets/assets/equipmen/man/arch \
> er/07/body_arc/journal.backup.body_arcc83b02f2fdf76ab8cabb0b0911ced537efa33cdc.i'
> I turned on traceback and realized that the file that was not found
> was being created in the process. But it is not possible to create it
> because of the missing directory.
>
> I managed to solve this problem by editing the file
> */usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/mercurial/util.py*
> String number is *1966*
>
> else:
> try:
> *            destpath = os.path.dirname(dest)
> os.makedirs(destpath, exist_ok=True)
> *
> shutil.copyfile(src, dest)
> if copystat:
> # copystat also copies mode
> shutil.copystat(src, dest)
> else:
> shutil.copymode(src, des
>
> after making edits, the problem is not observed. But I don't
> understand why this error appears and why journal files are created.backup
> the error also does not depend on http/ssh server usage
> --
> Иван Федосеев
> agestart@gmail.com
> +7-960-327-3301