List:       mercurial
Subject:    Re: [Windows: A BUG?] (was: how to configure the global .hgrc file from the commandline)
From:       Johannes <hguser () bbe-moldaenke ! de>
Date:       2021-04-09 5:08:47

Uwe Brauer asked:

>     1. Why did hg config --edit opened the local hgrc file in windows, I
>        checked this in Linux
>        hg config --edit opens the user specific one

For me it works as expected even on Windows.

    hg config --edit

for sure opens my local hgrc while

    hg config --local

opens reposity specific hgrc. So I cannot see any bug here.

>     2. Any idea where in Windows the user specific hgrc file is located?

On Windows you can use this command to edit user specific hgrc:

    notepad %USERPROFILE%\.hgrc

If you have used TortoiseHg to manage settings then there may be
"Mercurial.ini" instead. If you have that file just rename it to
".hgrc", TortoiseHg will honor it.

That's not true the other way round: hg will not honor "Mercurial.ini"
if it is present.

Best regards

Johannes