List:       mercurial
Subject:    Re: Tricks for taming large repo manifests and/or improving large repo clone times?
From:       Arne Babenhauserheide <arne_bab () web ! de>
Date:       2019-05-29 20:51:54

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Pulkit Goyal <7895pulkit@gmail.com> writes:

> I got this smaller repo from Augie and updated that to use zstd compression
> for revlogs. It saves another 45.4 MB.
>
> (Upgrading to zstd can be done running hg debugupgraderepo with `--config
> format.revlog-compression=zstd`. Make sure you have latest hg which is 5.0)

Ah, sorry, I also did that for the stats I posted.

You can change to zstd in general by adding

[format]
revlog-compression = zstd

in ~/.hgrc

And zstd is pretty awesome, as it can be scaled in the speed/compression
tradeoff from lz4 to LZMA just by changing parameters.

But it needs an up-to-date Mercurial.

Best wishes,
Arne
--