List:       mercurial
Subject:    update_version 0.7 - CVS keywords support
From:       Marcin Kasperski <Marcin.Kasperski () mekk ! waw ! pl>
Date:       2017-01-08 23:23:12

I just pushed mercurial_update_version 0.7.

This release changes (CVS keywords)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This release brings CVS keyword support – done differently, than by
standard keyword extension.  Constructs like $Name$, $Revision$ and such
are simply edited and commited just before tagging (whenever you hg tag,
code wil be scanned for those constructs, they will be replaced with
proper values, commited, and only the resulting changeset will be
tagged).

This way, those constructs will always be present in raw checkout.

I implemented it as I still need to support some $Keywords$-based tools
in ex-CVS code, and relying on standard keyword extension turned out to
be problematic (build scripts failing due to dirty directory, people
missing keyword extension, accidental commits with those values…)

To activate for single repo, write in it's .hgrc:

   [update_version]
   active = true
   expand_keywords = 1

To activate for many repos at once, write in ~/.hgrc:

   [update_version]
   excvs.active_on = ~/keyword-polluted/sources
   excvs.expand_keywords = 1

mercurial_update_version

Main purpose of mecurial_update_version is to automatically update
various VERSION= constants whenever tag is placed. See

   https://bitbucket.org/Mekk/mercurial-update_version

for more details and installation instructions,