List:       mercurial
Subject:    Mercurial popularity is stagnant
From:       cowwoc <cowwoc () bbs ! darktech ! org>
Date:       2014-06-30 17:35:51

Hi,

I'd like to bring your attention to:
http://www.google.ca/trends/explore?hl=en-US&q=mercurial,+git,+github,+bitbucket&cmpt=q&content=1 \

It seems to me that GitHub is directly responsible for Git's popularity
skyrocketing in 2009. By comparison, Mercurial's popularity seems to be
stagnant for a while. Bitbucket initially did a decent job, but ever since
they got bought out by Atlassian all public announcements emphasize Git
support and don't mention Mercurial at all.

Case in point:
http://blog.bitbucket.org/2012/12/10/feature-branches-just-got-better/

How do we go about reversing this trend?

Gili