List:       mercurial
Subject:    Re: Teaching materials for scientists
From:       Greg Ward <greg () gerg ! ca>
Date:       2013-04-19 2:30:41

On 16 April 2013, I said:
> I seem to have volunteered to teach a bunch of physics grad students
> and postdocs the basics of version control with Mercurial. Do you know
> about any teaching materials I can "borrow" to get started? I suspect
> the audience differs from programmers in several ways:

I asked on Twitter and got some good pointers. Specifically, a couple
of Software Carpentry instructors in the UK have taught Mercurial
several times following this lesson plan:

  https://code.soundsoftware.ac.uk/projects/easyhg/wiki/SC2012BootcampPlan

(Links to slides are in there.) They wrote up their first experience
here:

  http://software-carpentry.org/blog/2012/05/ucl-bootcamp-version-control-wrap-up.html

I plan to shamelessly rip-off their materials for my course in May.

       Greg
--
Greg Ward                            http://www.gerg.ca
<greg@gerg.ca>                       @gergdotca