List:       mercurial
Subject:    Re: Question about largefiles central store
From:       Mads Kiilerich <mads () kiilerich ! com>
Date:       2013-04-10 11:32:30

On 03/26/2013 02:42 PM, Bubnash, Brian M. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question about the largefiles extension. The documentation states  "In a \
> typical setup with a central Mercurial server, the user who serves the central \
> repositories will get a user cache that acts as a central store for all the \
> repositories. This central largefiles store has every past revision of every \
> largefile". That's what I want, but how does largefiles know which repository is \
> the central repository?

It doesn't use a repository. It uses a dedicated cache directory.
Usually it will use the same file with hardlinks to the usercache and
repositories.

The implementation is not a one-liner but quite readable:
http://selenic.com/hg/file/894a5897a9dd/hgext/largefiles/lfutil.py#l52

It really should be documented and exposed, similar to how 'hg help
config' explains configuration file locations and how 'hg showconfig
--debug x' will show which paths actually is used.

/Mads