List:       mercurial
Subject:    Re: To rerwite history or not - that's the question
From:       Martin Geisler <martin () geisler ! net>
Date:       2013-02-22 13:36:42

Kevin Bullock <kbullock+mercurial@ringworld.org> writes:

> I'll say that on the hg repo itself (well, crew[3]), we tend to make
> pretty heavy use of history rewriting, because of the patch review
> process on mercurial-devel.

I just counted 1175 changesets in the Mercurial repository itself which
have been modified by 'hg rebase' -- they show up with an rebase_source
in 'hg log --debug'. That is 6% just from explicit rebases.

Importing patches from the mailinglist will normally do an implicit
rebase too, so the percentage for us is really high.

--
Martin Geisler