List:       mercurial
Subject:    Re: patch failed, unable to continue
From:       Michał_Sznajder <michalsznajder () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-02-24 7:31:17

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Mahmood Naderan <nt_mahmood@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well I read that but faced a big question.
> The purpose of such revision control systems is to merge a file (for example) that \
> has been modified by more than one developer. The case stated in the page you \
> mentioned, is very popular.
> If I have to manually fix such modifications, then what is the need for revision \
> control system?

If you have conflicts nothing will help you - you have to resolve them
manually.

> > patching file src/mem/cache/BaseCache.py
> > Hunk #1 FAILED at 29
> > Hunk #2 FAILED at 65
> > 2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/mem/cache/BaseCache.py.rej

Don't you have a EOL issue here? All hunks are failed - this seems to
be rather rare case. \
I sometimes have similar problem. Patch looks OK, should apply without issues
but is completely rejected.

If you have THG set Settings->Diff->Patch EOL to auto and retry. I
don't know how to do this
on command line. Maybe compare line endings in BaseCache.py and your patch file.

Michał