List:       mercurial
Subject:    Re: Not updating site code after pushing
From:       Matt Mackall <mpm () selenic ! com>
Date:       2011-10-28 17:10:34

On Fri, 2011-10-28 at 00:49 -0700, thefid wrote:
> I added the hook into the repository's .hg/hgrc file as you listed in your
> questions that may help me understand how it is supposed to work... (which
> is not synonymous to what I am telling it to do)

You added what to what where? You've deleted all the relevant context
and some of us have gotten hundreds of messages from hundreds of
different people since we last heard from you.

> Did I place it in the right file?
> Is there a specific order in which the settings need to be listed?
> Are there any other settings that need to be set to automatically update the
> files on the server?

Be sure you're putting your hook in the .hg/hgrc file of the repository
_ON THE SERVER_. And you need to carefully read and understand this:

http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/Trust

If you don't get the trust settings and config file ownership right,
Mercurial will ignore the settings.