List:       mercurial
Subject:    Re: Question about MQ usage? how to getting all outgoing changeset as
From:       Hans Meine <hans_meine () gmx ! net>
Date:       2011-09-06 12:39:33

Am Dienstag, 9. August 2011, 15:55:44 schrieb Mads Kiilerich:
> > > hg qimport -r "outgoing()"
> >
> > I think this tips can added to the documents of MQ, indeed, I've tried
> > to find it there, but didn't found such an tips:)
>
> It could perhaps be mentioned there, but there is nothing special about
> this "tip". It is just a combination of the information found in 'hg
> help qimport' and 'hg help revsets'. Revsets are very handy, but we
> can't give revset hints in the documentation of every Mercurial command ;-)

Yet this could be added as an example (without big explanation), since it does
seem to be a useful combination, no?

(Reading the revsets help would not come to the mind of everyone faced with
this problem, I am sure.  Reading up what such an example does is easier than
finding out where to start IMHO.)

HTH
  Hans