List:       mercurial
Subject:    Re: How to hide a changeset by committing in another one?
From:       Pierre-Yves David <pierre-yves.david () logilab ! fr>
Date:       2011-06-20 9:36:44

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 10:08:52AM +0200, Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just read in the history rewriting/renicing discussion that there now is a way to \
> hide changesets.
> Did I understand it correctly, that I can add a field to a commit to cause other \
> changesets to be hidden? (searching the wiki only turned up the LiquidHg page)

This is not the intended use. But there is nothing that prevent you to
implement an "hider" using commit (abandon will do it).

> That would make it possible to implement the group extension much more elegantly \
> (currently it uses unelegant monkey-patching of the log - to the point that I did \
> not want to hack on it anymore…).

Then you have to describe how hidden changeset with non-hidden changeset should
behave, convince use and implement the proper log behaviour.

(or join the "obsolete changeset" effort)

--
Pierre-Yves David

http://www.logilab.fr/