List:       mercurial
Subject:    Fwd: Pushing a larger repository to bitbucket (or any other remote
From:       Saad Khattak <saadrustam () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-12-31 21:44:16

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Saad Khattak <saadrustam@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 5:19 PM
server) times out the connection
To: Matt Mackall <mpm@selenic.com>

I have attached the log. It looks like it is sending the bundle, which is
quite big, but then times out. This is the same error that I got last time,
but without any other info as I did not have the --debug switch. I have
zipped it up as the log is quite big (>4mb).

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Saad Khattak <saadrustam@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please disregard my previous email, I have managed to put in the username
> and password. I will send you the log once it is done or times out.
>

> On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Saad Khattak <saadrustam@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> How would I output the output that it generates to a log file? I tried
>> doing something like this:
>>
>> hg push [websiteaddress] --debug > log.ext
>>
>> but now I cannot enter my username and password

>>> Please try again with the --debug switch and send us the output. The
>>> searching for changes phase is not at all dependent on number of files
>>> or their sizes, it's only dependent on the complexity of the changeset
>>> graph.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mathematics is the supreme nostalgia of our time.

[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

class="gmail_sendername">Saad Khattak</b> <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a \

Date: Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 5:19 PM<br>Subject: Re: Pushing a larger repository to \
bitbucket (or any other remote server) times out the connection<br>To: Matt Mackall \
&lt;<a href="mailto:mpm@selenic.com">mpm@selenic.com</a>&gt;<br>

big, but then times out. This is the same error that I got last time, but without any \
other info as I did not have the --debug switch. I have zipped it up as the log is \
quite big (&gt;4mb).<br>

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Saad Khattak <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a \
href="mailto:saadrustam@gmail.com" \
solid;padding-left:1ex">

Please disregard my previous email, I have managed to put in the username and \
password. I will send you the log once it is done or times \
3:47 PM, Saad Khattak <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:saadrustam@gmail.com" \

solid;padding-left:1ex">How would I output the output that it generates to a log \

class="gmail_quote">On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Matt Mackall <span \
dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:mpm@selenic.com" \
solid;padding-left:1ex">

&gt; Hi,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I have a local repository that I have now decided to push to a remote<br>
&gt; server (for example, I have a host that allows mercurial repositories<br>
&gt; and I am also trying to push to bitbucket). The repository has a lot<br>
&gt; of files and is a little more than 200mb. Locally, I am able to clone<br>
&gt; and push the repository without problems.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; However, when I try to push it to the remote server, it gets stuck on<br>
&gt; searching for changes and then times out after about an hour. The very<br>
&gt; first revision of the repository has a lot of files.<br>
searching for changes phase is not at all dependent on number of files<br>
or their sizes, it&#39;s only dependent on the complexity of the changeset<br>
graph.<br>
--<br>
Mathematics is the supreme nostalgia of our time.<br>

--0016363b8e7a6b65f70498bbb5cf--

["pushLog.zip" (application/zip)]