List:       mercurial
Subject:    hgweb.config option to prevent a giant changeset (diff) output to
From:       Warren Postma <wpostma () tekran ! com>
Date:       2010-03-26 16:10:11

I am relatively new to mercurial, and made a classic newbie-from-SVN
mistake:  I imported my giant 10,000K revs, 4+ gb
"EverythingIncludingTheKitchenSink" SVN repository in one swell foop.
That wasn't going well, so I went back and did a little reading, and
learned a smattering of the zen of hg.

Okay, so I still have large chunks of library code required to build any
of my already-in-production systems.  And I could spend days or weeks
checking in small commits, with reasonable comments, just to get the
code in there that I already know works, and which mostly never changes.

Or I can check in a folder that contains 20 subfolders, and 250 files,
and makes a diff over 1mb in size.

I don't like the fact that hgweb shows me the entire DIFF when I check
on a repository revision.  TortoiseHG is smart enough to have a
diff-limit.  Over that size, don't show it.

Is there a configuration option for the hgweb.config that I can use
(which is on a debian linux server), that  will:

1. not show binary diffs via hgweb at all (best!)
2. at least limit diffs to 100K and not show anything over that, via
hgweb's basic http frames "end user" web-browser interface?.

i.e.
[webdiff]
htmldifflimit = 400kb
htmldiffbinary = 0