List:       mercurial
Subject:    Re: Forests and MQ
From:       Roman Kennke <roman.kennke () aicas ! com>
Date:       2007-11-30 12:49:07

Hi,

> Today I tried to create an MQ inside a repository that lives in a
> forest. However, when trying to fclone the forest, I am getting this:
>
> skipped: '<mysub-repo>' has mq patches applied
>
> It seems like I can manually clone the sub-repository using hg clone,
> why doesn't it work with fclone? Is there a good way how I can work with
> both the Forest extension and MQ?

Ok, I think I got it right now.

1. I have to manage my patches in a repository, using hg qinit -c . This
creates a nested repository inside .hg/patches .
2. The repository to be fcloned from needs hg qpop -a before fclone. I
consider this a little ugly, can't fclone work with applied patches in
the source repository?

Also, I'd like to have a hook that performs hg push -a after fclone, is
that possible somehow?

/Roman

--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Roman Kennke, Software Engineer, http://kennke.org
aicas Allerton Interworks Computer Automated Systems GmbH