List:       mercurial
Subject:    Re: goose
From:       Vladimir Marek <Vladimir.Marek () sun ! com>
Date:       2007-11-25 8:21:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

> why don't you use `hg convert` for incoming cvs? I had reasonable succcess
> converting the hudson cvs repository after adding this patch
> (http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/bts/issue800).

For three reasons

a) I used goose before hg had convert
b) For svn (which I mainly needed at that time) you need svn python
bindings, which are not available at Solaris by default
c) You can use 'hg convert' (or anything else) and don't let goose do
the conversion (-nocontrol parameter)

In the future I'll probably add hg convert support, if there will be the
need.

--
	Vlad