List:       mercurial
Subject:    Switch Report: AsciiDoc
From:       Yannick Gingras <ygingras () ygingras ! net>
Date:       2007-11-12 14:39:28

Greetings Mercurialists,

I'm pleased to announce that AsciiDoc[1] has officially switched from
Subversion to Mercurial.  The switch is really exciting for us since
Mercurial has been one of our high visibility users for some time.

The motivation for the switch arose when I started the 9.x branch[2]
of AsciiDoc: a conversion to a Python module with a usable API.  It
soon became clear that this was more involving that just a few quick
hacks and that we would have to live with 2 live branches for some
time.  We've already been through a few inter-branch merges, including
ones on renamed files, and it went extremely smoothly.

Thanks for this great tool!

[1]:http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/
[2]:http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/version9.html

--