List:       mercurial
Subject:    qimport behavior
From:       Chad Skeeters <goobsoft () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2007-09-20 16:30:21

I have a suggestion to make mercurial and queues more newbie friendly.

When you grab code that is not in mercurial and a patches, you have to init, qinit, \
add, commit, qimport, and qpush.  If you add but don't commit when you qpush, you \
will get a nice appropriate error message "abort: local changes found, refresh \
first".  If you forget to add or commit rather than getting a similar message, the \
import works.  I think it adds the file for you and applies the patch.  The bad part \
is that when you qpop the patch, the file effected will be deleted and there is no \
message saying so.  I think in this case, I think qpush should not apply to files \
that have local changes or have not been added.

Is there a reason for qpush to not abort when applying to un-added files?

Chad