List:       mercurial
Subject:    Re: mq - fail to apply a patch if the path contains a space
From:       Patrick_Mézard <pmezard () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-09-17 6:28:39

Bela Babik a écrit :
>> It's an msys related problem, I am trying to find out what's happening.
>
> The problem: the patch binary in my msys is not enough good.
> ($ patch -v => patch 2.5)
>
> Started to use (from the Mercurial windows binary installer):
> http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/patch.htm
>
> Needed to add the following line to the config:
> patch = c:\bin\patch.exe --binary

With pre-mpatch versions, if patch is in your path and ui.patch is not
set, --binary should be appended automatically under Windows. With
mpatch enabled versions, ui.patch is taken first, then we use mpatch and
if it fails we default to searching the patch utility in path, and
append --binary under Windows.

It is assumed that if ui.patch is set manually then the user has some
specific needs and we should not interfere by adding options afterwards.

Most of these issues should disappear when an mpath enabled version is
released.

--
Patrick Mézard