List:       memcached
Subject:    partly flush
From:       "Frank Karlitschek" <frank () kde-look ! org>
Date:       2007-04-18 8:27:32

Hi,

I'am evaluation memcached at the moment for my application. But I see one
problem which I can't solve.

My current, selfmade, caching system stores the cache entries in a tree
structure in the filesystem. So it it possible to flush only a part of the
cache tree.
For example I'm caching forum entries. If something happens in a sub
thread of the forum, I can easily flush only the affected cache
entries-tree which contain the html code of the different views of this
thread. I think it wouldn't be a good idea to flush everything with every
update or insert on the forum table.

How do you handle such a scenario with memcached?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers
Frank