List:       meego-dev
Subject:    Re: [MeeGo-dev] MeeGo Reconstructed - a plan of
From:       Angel Perles <aperles () disca ! upv ! es>
Date:       2011-10-10 13:39:10

> Probably.
>
> > Probably, an error of Nokia with the N900 is trying to mix both developers
> > and users. This is an error.
>
> Can you explain this a bit more? Do you mean Nokia N900 as a product, or what we \
> are doing with MeeGo Community edition? If you mean latter, I probably understand \
> what you mean.

When the N900 was launched, it seemed to a lot of "normal" end users as
an incomplete product. For developers, it was an incredible product with
lots of posibilities and future, so there was different perceptions.

At Maemo, there was lots of complains about its behaviour because some
users expected a kind of replacement for Android or iOS.

The Meego CE should be considered as a "proof-of-concept" of a wider
technology, better than Android and iOS, and I think it is important to
separate users and developers at this point (simply separated communities).

Meego CE is an incredible and amazing project and, in the long term, it
should be focused as a replacement of Maemo 5 on real devices: N900 ...
and others.

Regards,
Àngel