List:       meego-dev
Subject:    Re: [MeeGo-dev] MeeGo Reconstructed - a plan of action
From:       Angel Perles <aperles () disca ! upv ! es>
Date:       2011-10-09 15:36:47

> My personal view (which is partly based on my marketing job) is that you have
> to start off focused on a very visible end user experience in order to get the
> project the necessary publicity.  For your own governance reasons you will
> probably want to make sure the split between core and "vendor" is clear, but
> from the outside world they have to look like one to start with.

Probably this is the correct way to maintain this project alive.

But also it is clear that it is necessary to separate each part/community.

Kernel.org is like Mer
KDE is like the UI experience
and Ubuntu is like the integration of all pieces

Most users of Ubuntu do not know that there is a kernel.org. But Ubuntu
is a key factor for Linux beeing succesfull. The same can be applied to
"Mer".

Seeing Mer+KDE+... running on Bleagleboard, Rasberry pi, N900 will make
it succesfull. Only Mer has no future, because I will opt for somethink
like Linaro.

An Mer alone running on an AR-Drone will be more great. Imagine
preempt-RT + core Qt here. Easy and powerfull.

Probably, an error of Nokia with the N900 is trying to mix both
developers and users. This is an error.

I like this post al Maemo.

http://blogs.gnome.org/bolsh/2011/10/06/what-community/

Probably the same error with Tizen ... and Angstrom and others.

Regards,
Àngel