List:       meego-dev
Subject:    Re: [MeeGo-dev] MeeGo Reconstructed - a plan of action and
From:       Timo_Härkönen <timop.harkonen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-10-06 12:16:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

o/

2011/10/6 Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com>

> On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 12:40 PM, Graham Cobb <g+meego@cobb.uk.net> wrote:
>
> > My personal view (which is partly based on my marketing job) is that you
> have
> > to start off focused on a very visible end user experience in order to
> get the
> > project the necessary publicity.  For your own governance reasons you
> will
>
> Yeah, people need something cool on their devices to bother trying Mer
> in the first place, provide feedback and maybe even join the project.
>
> I'm sort of hoping Plasma Active could play a big part in this.

Yep. me too but for Mer to be future proof, agile, stable, managable, easy
to build things on, etc. so it makes sense to keep it as it was announced
(core to build stuff on). Having said that, it needs things happening around
it that has flashy slick things (the community edition, plasma, etc.).

For me the separation of having Mer the core project and things building on
top of it makes very much sense. It's just like making an application, it's
good to separate your engine from the UI.

The MeeGo community obs seems to have some Mer stuff in it already so the
building blocks are starting to be there. we just need to start making
things happen. So if there's going to be a Mer+plasma thing the first thing
IMO would be to start communicating and collaborating with the people
working on the community edtion.

-Timo