List:       meego-dev
Subject:    Re: [MeeGo-dev] Changes to uxlaunch in Trunk: configuration will
From:       "Kok, Auke-jan H" <auke-jan.h.kok () intel ! com>
Date:       2011-06-24 4:14:43

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 6:19 PM, steven <liu-dj@neusoft.com> wrote:
> Hi Auke,
>
> if we wana integrate Wayland into meego tablet, how should it be
> started, will Wayland be started in uxlaunch?

This is still in the open and not determined just yet. In practice,
yes, uxlaunch will remain the process that makes the jump from "system
session" to "user session" and therefore that will not chainge.

However, in it's current form uxlaunch will start Xorg no matter what,
and this needs fixing. In reality, it's a small change, but we'll need
to figure out how to run all the scenarios (X support enabled,
disabled or not etc.).

The changes below are needed for this, but, it will get a bit more
complex, and, I'll need some time to get it working.

Auke