Rusty

I looked at the URL,I think I can make use of how it uses the DBus, perhaps latter on what I wanted will be get fixed or added to QMobility

Thanks for your advise

David

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Rusty Lynch <rusty.lynch@intel.com> wrote:
On 06/09/2011 03:18 PM, David Boosalis wrote:
Not much is written about this signal  (QsystemStorageInfo::logicalDriveChange)) I was hoping to get a notice in my app via this signal when I put in a USB stick on a Meego 1.2 device, but it is not the case.

Has anybody else used this class and signal, is there another way to do this besides listening for a DBus event ?

A few months ago when we had a need for this in meego-ux, we ended up having to create a QAbstractListModel subclass that pulled data from the udisk dbus interface.  If you ended going down that path then you could lift the implementation from:

https://meego.gitorious.org/meego-ux/meego-ux-components/trees/master/src/models

Today nothing is using this model so it's possible some bit rot has set in, but i don't think so.

    --rusty