List:       meego-dev
Subject:    Re: [MeeGo-dev] QSystemStorageInfo::logicalDriveChange signal does
From:       Rusty Lynch <rusty.lynch () intel ! com>
Date:       2011-06-10 0:19:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On 06/09/2011 03:18 PM, David Boosalis wrote:
> Not much is written about this signal
> (QsystemStorageInfo::logicalDriveChange)) I was hoping to get a notice
> in my app via this signal when I put in a USB stick on a Meego 1.2
> device, but it is not the case.
>
> Has anybody else used this class and signal, is there another way to
> do this besides listening for a DBus event ?

A few months ago when we had a need for this in meego-ux, we ended up
having to create a QAbstractListModel subclass that pulled data from the
udisk dbus interface.  If you ended going down that path then you could
lift the implementation from:

https://meego.gitorious.org/meego-ux/meego-ux-components/trees/master/src/models

Today nothing is using this model so it's possible some bit rot has set
in, but i don't think so.

     --rusty