List:       meego-dev
Subject:    Re: [MeeGo-dev] Update/RFC on MeeGo Compliance Spec ==> 1.2
From:       Mats Wichmann <mats.d.wichmann () intel ! com>
Date:       2011-05-26 15:40:41

On 05/26/2011 01:37 AM, Jechlitschek, Christoph wrote:
> Hi Mats,
> Any idea about when we will see the final 1.2 compliance specs?

the ideal would be "as soon as possible" since 1.2 is out already, and
at some future version we WILL get into lockstep such that the spec is
ready when the code is locked down for a release. But right now the app
side is still kind of immature - as discussed at the MeeGo Conf session
for those who were there - and I'd be happier if we didn't release the
spec and then decide something major needs to change before 1.3 is out.
There's also a bit of rumbling on the system side ("some" workgroups
don't exactly want the entire current compliance-defined stack, and the
rule now says you can't replace anything in it).

So I don't really have any pending big changes except waiting for
whichever profiles are going to be in the 1.2 spec to firm up, but I'd
like to see these discussions settle out a little before we try to push
the 1.2 spec through.  Sorry that's fuzzy; I'm happy to take suggestions
on how we can push forward to a real release.  I know it's important; I
got a clear message yesterday from some system folks that they are not
eager for the risk of releasing a 1.2-based product that they think is
compliant and then maybe later have the spec come out with some rule
changed.