List:       meego-dev
Subject:    [MeeGo-dev] Advise on upgrading hardware for Meego
From:       thiago () kde ! org (Thiago Macieira)
Date:       2010-07-27 12:05:40

On Monday 26. July 2010 20.36.54 David Boosalis wrote:
> While you contrast the cost of using a Netbook for Meego with CDK's costing
> $2-4K. I think it better to compare Meego to other mobile Linux devices
> such as  Android and WebOX, both of which have SDK's that have no problem
> working in a virtual environment on just about any x86 platform.

Then start using the Application SDK, or what is the closest thing to the
Application SDK: the Nokia Qt SDK. It runs on any Mac, Windows or Linux and it
doesn't require any Xephyr to work.

What you're trying to do is run the entire MeeGo stack and that's not
Application SDK. That's developing the platform. That's what *this* mailing
list (meego-dev) is about.

Developing the platform will have a lot more constraints than pure application
development.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358