List:       meego-community
Subject:    Re: [MeeGo-community] [MeeGo-dev] MeeGo as a vehicle for Qt-based
From:       Sivan Greenberg <sivan () omniqueue ! com>
Date:       2011-09-29 15:42:54

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 6:37 PM, Robin Burchell
<robin+meego@viroteck.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Nasa <nasa01@comcast.net> wrote:
>>> So I'll shed some light on how I see this and how we should proceed:
>>>
>>> 1) Concentrate on the handset and *ONLY* on it from now onward. "Do
>>> one thing and do it best (tm)".
>>>

>> Why would you exclude 4/5 of the people involved in the meego project?
>> Handsets weren't even the largest part of the project...
>
> Personal area of interest, perhaps. Anyway, we don't need to exclude
> anyone here - anyone can come and play ball. In my view of the ideal
> MeeGo universe, UX is entirely seperate projects from MeeGo itself -
> MeeGo Core is just the basics needed to boot and get to a display,
> hardware adaptations and user interfaces are outside of scope there.

Personal area of interest, nobody should be excluded but I think we
should consider managing the verticals team in a way that would enable
each of them to progress without being delayed for parts they don't
really need to use on the core, so for instance, tablet should not be
delayed for GSM modem code and vice versa for handset if they do not
need it for operation.

--
-Sivan