List:       meego-community
Subject:    [MeeGo-community] MeeGo Noteslate Device outreach
From:       Gary Birkett <liquid () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-07-20 16:53:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

This mail is also posted to public mailing list.

I notice quite a number of posts around the internet about the NoteSlate
device and your ideas seem great!
http://www.noteslate.com/index02.htm

The website and ideas presented there are amazing and highly in tune with my
own software.
I have my Liqbase framework currently working happily on my #Nokia handsets
and #Intel #MeeGo Lenovo Ideapad as well as my #Nokia devices and think it
would work well on the NoteSlate.

http://liqbase.net/liq.20110623_015300.liqbase-playground.scr.png
http://liqbase.net/liqbase_big.JPG

Around MeeGo, there is a dedicated team of people working together on
hardware adaptation roles and I believe if we can run MeeGo + Liqbase on the
NoteSlate it will give us a lovely new device category I have been trying to
achieve for a while.

Randall is included in this mail and has experience in the Community device
program and could give you much more information and help to set-up a
mechanism and framework to allow us to bring MeeGo onto your devices.
MeeGo is a Qt based OS with strong industry support for various use cases.

My Liqbase software is optimised to run on low powered hardware and I have
been seeking a large format high resolution writing pad for a while and
strongly admire your noteslate!
The current set of devices appear to think capacitive is the only input
mechanism, but as seen from my screenshots, the written word is preferred.

I would like to know whether you have considered using the MeeGo operating
system on the devices and if you would be willing to engage in a community
oriented device loan program to attempt to use MeeGo and my Liqbase software
on the excellent device.

Please let me know if there is any scope to continue a discussion.

Gary Birkett