List:       meego-community
Subject:    [MeeGo-community] MeeGo IT maintenance this weekend
From:       "Shaver, Michael R" <michael.r.shaver () intel ! com>
Date:       2011-07-13 16:56:33

The MeeGo IT team is planning a maintenance window for the *.meego.com websites and \
mailing lists this weekend. The expected maintenance window is Sat 16th July 16:00 \
UTC - 20:00 UTC and Sun 17th July 16:00 UTC - 20:00 UTC. The websites will not be \
down the whole time, but could experience some intermittent downtime. Affected \
websites include: meego.com, developer.meego.com, sf2011.meego.com, \
conference2010.meego.com, help.meego.com.

The changes planned are:

1. Introduce Bakery SSO integration for Drupal websites. [1]
  * Bakery will improve the single sign on (SSO) for all Drupal websites we host and \
is preparatory for SSO on the other web services (Bugzilla, mediawiki, ...).

2. Migrate all the mailing lists we have from the current hosting site to the OSU \
                infrastructure.
  * There won't be any noticeable downtime except for the web interface of mailman. \
                While migrating it could be unavailable for some minutes for each \
                list.
  * There won't be any mail lost just some delay due to the move and redirection of \
                mails.
  * While we are moving the subscription/unsubscription from mailing lists will be \
                not work.
  * Exact details available below. [2]

IT team

[1] http://drupal.org/project/bakery

[2] Mailing List Migration
1) mail list will be migrated one by one, following items will be done once for each \
mail list. 2) first we'll defer processing all incoming messages for mail list, which \
means that they will be accepted from remote servers, but will reside in mailqueue \
unprocessed. 3) we'll transfer mail list archive and settings to new server, make \
sure that new list have appeared in mailman web interface. 4) using transport map in \
postfix on old server we'll route all mails for mail list to new location. 5a) if \
there are emails addressed to this list in old server queue, then try to pick one and \
force delivery, and make sure that it is processed by mailman. 5b) if there are no \
emails addressed to this list in old server queue, then write test email. 6) proxy \
all requests to this mail list mailman interface from old server to new server.

Once it's done and working fine we'll add MX record for meego.com domain pointing to \
new server, old server will be left as lower priority MX server and will forward all \
messages to meego.com domain to new server. \