List:       meego-community
Subject:    [MeeGo-community] Corewatcher
From:       "Gabriel M. Beddingfield" <gabrbedd () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-04-30 2:45:10

I've heard (and had) several complaints with people's hard-
drives filling up because of corewatcher.  I had an
enlightening chat with Auke about it, and figured I would
share it... so I extended this wiki page:

   http://wiki.meego.com/Quality/bkm/corewatcher

Why is it filling up your hard drive?  Because it's config'd
by default to "ask" before submitting data to
http://crashdb.meego.com/ .  I'm not sure how well the 'ask'
system works... but if it's Xorg or mcompositor or meego-ux-
daemon crashing on you, it doesn't much matter, eh?  There's
no way to ask you.  So it does the safe thing, and saves the
info (in case you want to analyze it yourself).

How do I fix it?  The easiest way is to edit
/etc/corewatcher.conf and set 'allow-submit' to 'yes'.  This
will automatically submit your crashes to crashdb.meego.com.

Hope this helps,
Gabriel