List:       meego-community
Subject:    Re: [MeeGo-community] Local Network mailing lists
From:       "Foster, Dawn M" <dawn.m.foster () intel ! com>
Date:       2010-09-23 17:24:05

On Sep 23, 2010, at 10:08 AM, Dave Neary wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Foster, Dawn M wrote:
>> But I have a few other questions:
>> * Should we keep the focus narrow & target just these local meetups?
>> * Do we want to expand the focus to include all events?
>
> One of these. Preferably the former. Bigger events generate a lot of
> email (but then, if we're talking about announcements & reports, and
> shared experiences, that might be OK)
>
>> * Do we want to combine it with something else, like a marketing list?
>
> No.
>
>> * Are we really ready to break this out? We're in the early stages of
>> these meetups and while they look like they will be big, it's still early
>> to be sure. Keep in mind that the ignite gurus list started well after
>> they already had ignites established all over the world. I think we
>> were on Ignite Portland 3 or 4 before it was created.
>
> I think waiting is appropriate.

I've added a placeholder for a new list here:
http://wiki.meego.com/Community_communication#Contributors

I'm tentatively calling it the meego-meetups list (we can change the
name). My fear about calling it meego-networks is that this could be
too easily misinterpreted to mean something to do with networking
in the meego distribution or IT infrastructure. Another alternative is
meego-local-networks, but that seemed a bit long and could have
come of the same potential for misinterpretation.

We can continue to discuss this with the idea that we should create
this list in a month or 2 after we see additional momentum with
the local networks. In the meantime, we can keep discussing them
here on meego-community.

Dawn