List:       mediawiki-l
Subject:    [MediaWiki-l] diff doesn't work when comparing versions
From:       MI <mi.lists () alma ! ch>
Date:       2016-08-12 12:54:07

On my Mediawiki install, I cannot compare versions. The "(Difference between
revisions)" page shows only the latest version.

I checked that I do have diff:

    ~# which diff
    /usr/bin/diff

    ~# which diff3
    /usr/bin/diff3

    ~# grep diff /etc/mediawiki/LocalSettings.php
    # Path to the GNU diff3 utility. Used for conflict resolution.
    $wgDiff3 = "/usr/bin/diff3";

I also added

    $wgDiff = "/usr/bin/diff";

to LocalSettings.php.

This is Mediawiki version 1.19.20+dfsg-2.3 on Debian Jessie.

After turning on debugging, I see this:

    wfShellExec: 'wikidiff2' '/tmp/diff_N41UBc' '/tmp/diff_HtzBTH'
    Possibly missing executable file: 'wikidiff2' '/tmp/diff_N41UBc' '/tmp/diff_HtzBTH'

Indeed, I have no such executable. But "apt-cache search wikidiff2" shows only
"php-wikidiff2", which is installed.

    ~# apt-cache search wikidiff2
    php-wikidiff2 - external diff engine for mediawiki

So, would someone know what is wrong, or where to look for more clues?