List:       mediawiki-l
Subject:    [MediaWiki-l] Semantic MediaWiki Conference Fall 2016: Call for Contributions
From:       kghbln <mediawiki () kghoffmeyer ! de>
Date:       2016-08-09 8:34:30

Dear users, developers and all people interested in semantic wikis,

We are very happy to announce that early bird registration to the 13th
Semantic MediaWiki Conference is now open!

Important facts reminder:

* Dates: September 28th to September 30th 2016 (Wednesday to Friday)
* Location: German Institute for International Educational Research
(DIPF), Schloßstraße 29, Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
* Conference page: https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/SMWCon_Fall_2016
* Participants: Everybody interested in semantic wikis, especially in
Semantic MediaWiki, e.g. users, developers, consultants, business
representatives and researchers.

We welcome new contributions from you:

* We encourage contributions about applications and development of
semantic wikis; for a list of topics, see [0].
* Please propose regular talks, posters or workshops on the conference
website. We will do our best to consider your proposal in the conference
program. An interesting variety of contributions has already been
proposed, see [1].
* Presentations will generally be video and audio recorded and made
available for others after the conference.

News on participation and tutorials:

* You can now officially register for the conference [2] and benefit
from early bird fees until September 11, 2016.

* German Institute for International Educational Research (DIPF) [3] and
Open Semantic Data Association e. V. [4] have become the official
organisers of SMWCon Fall 2016
* Thanks go to Wikimedia Germany [5] for supporting SMWCon Fall 2016

If you have questions you can contact Sabine Melnicki, Kendra Sticht and
Christoph Schindler (Program Chairs), Karsten Hoffmeyer (General Chair)
or Lia Veja (Local Chair) per e-mail (Cc).

We will be happy to see you in Frankfurt!

Sabine Melnicki, Kendra Sticht and Christoph Schindler
(Program Board)

[0] <https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/SMWCon_Fall_2016/Announcement>
[1]
<https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/SMWCon_Fall_2016#Program_proposals>