List:       mediawiki-l
Subject:    [MediaWiki-l] 1. My wiki stopped working (Nomad of Norad)
From:       Ray Paseur <ray.paseur () armedia ! com>
Date:       2015-12-28 15:24:24

This is just a guess, but I believe that MediaWiki uses the term "namespace" in a \
different way, when compared to PHP.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Namespaces

http://php.net/manual/en/language.namespaces.definition.php

PHP introduced Namespaces at PHP 5.3+

Prior to that, the word "namespace" had no meaning in PHP.  It may be worth checking \
to see if your hosting provider upgraded PHP recently.

No trouble using PHP 5.4 and MW 1.21, or PHP 5.5 and MW 1.26 (these are my only two \
installations)

I'm a big fan of keeping the software as up-to-date as possible.  In the PHP world \
this means PHP 7+ but it also means breaking changes for some of the previously \
deprecated "features" from the dustbin of PHP.  Docs here:

http://php.net/manual/en/migration70.incompatible.php

PHP 5 is still supported at PHP 5.5+ or PHP 5.6+

HTH, Ray