List:       mediawiki-l
Subject:    [MediaWiki-l] MediaWiki 1.26 Visual Editor question
From:       Victor Danilchenko <vdanilchenko () cimpress ! com>
Date:       2015-12-16 15:11:40

Hi all,

I am trying to set up Visual Editor on our MediaWiki 1.26 installation (running on \
Ubuntu 15.04 LAMP stack, VisualEditor release REL1_26). I have set up Parsoid on a \
separate machine, from the Debian package (version 0.4.1), linked it to my MediaWiki \
instance, and it works - for instance, invoking \
http://test-apps.km.cimpress.net:8142/vdanilchenko-corewiki/v3/page/html/Parsoid \
correctly retrieves and parses the contents of my 'Parsoid' wiki page.

The problem is on the Wiki side. I have downloaded and installed Visual Editor, \
loaded the submodule, and configured LocationSettings.php correctly, as far as I can \
tell:

require_once "$IP/extensions/VisualEditor/VisualEditor.php";
$wgDefaultUserOptions['visualeditor-enable'] = 1;
$wgHiddenPrefs[] = 'visualeditor-enable';
$wgDefaultUserOptions['visualeditor-enable-experimental'] = 0;

$wgVirtualRestConfig['modules']['parsoid'] = array(
  'url' => 'http://test-apps.km.cimpress.net:8142',
  'domain' => 'vdanilchenko-corewiki',
  'prefix' => 'vdanilchenko-corewiki'
);

However, when I hit 'edit' while viewing a page, 3 things happen:

1.       Visual Editor fires up, but the 'Save page' button is greyed out. I can edit \
the text, but not save it.

2.       All template and function calls are expanded and editable as literal text, \
which is of course totally wrong.

3.       The following errors get logged in the console, the 1st one 4 different \
times with slightly different call stacks (the original invoker being at anonymous \
function at ve.ui.LinkContextItem.js:27, ve.ui.LinkContextItem.js:27, \
ve.ui.ToolbarDialogTool.js:24, and ve.ui.LanguageInspectorTool.js:19 respectively):

Uncaught TypeError: Expecting a function in instanceof check, but got undefined       \
oojs.jquery.js:93 undefinedoo.inheritClass             @ oojs.jquery.js:93
(anonymous function)                   @ ve.ui.LinkContextItem.js:27 (this is the \
part that varies)

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'static' of undefined                        \
ve.ce.Surface.js:376 ve.ce.Surface.getSelection          @            \
ve.ce.Surface.js:376

ve.ce.Surface.focus                        @            ve.ce.Surface.js:429

(anonymous function)                   @            \
ve.init.mw.DesktopArticleTarget.js:361

Can anyone help me out, let me know what I am doing wrong, or what I am missing?